The good news is the Gospel and it’s everywhere. Somewhere between Seattle and San Antonio I had become comfortable with the thought that I may called by God to just be a doula and childbirth educator. Yet, God apparently has other plans for me. As some of you know, I have been trying so hard to become a midwife for almost 3 years. I have reached many road blocks and detours and have turned to God confused every time, doubting His calling for me because of the adversity. I look back now and I can see very clearly that I was trying to force my plan for this over His plan. I should have known that His plan is better and, fortunately, it trumps my plans. I think I have finally reached a point at which I am willing for God to do WHATEVER with my life. I feel safe and certain of His goodness and intentionality in my life so I began to let go. He took the reigns. Let’s walk through the events of the past couple of months:
- The last week of Feb I asked for my husband’s help with finding a midwifery school. He nodded, said he would help me, prayed and then in 20 minutes found Birthwise Midwifery School. A school I had looked at many times over the past 2 years but discounted… why? It reminded me of in Luke 9:45 when Jesus told the disciples of his upcoming betrayal and the truth was “hidden from them so that they did not grasp it”.
- On March 26 I mailed in my application to Birthwise.
- On March 29 I received a call from Birthwise saying they wanted to set up an interview with me.
- On April 17 I had my interview. After that interview I prayed each day that God would not let me get accepted into the school unless He was certain it was the right one for me and I could do it.
- On April 19 I found out I had been accepted into the program.
I think He’s telling me to stop making excuses and trust that this is finally His plan, not mine. I am comforted by His confidence. He is not just holding my hand through this crazy season of changing career fields and quitting my secure job to pursue a calling. He is guiding my footsteps and moving in me to get this done. It’s incredibly exciting to know that I have a god that holds everything in the palm of His hand that is taking such personal care of me, rooting for me, nudging me along like a mother duck. Here we go!